Trinity Episcopal Church

Trinity Episcopal Church

200 High Street

Hampton, New Hampshire

The first service of the Trinity Episcopal Church was held in the Grange Hall at 10:30 a.m., September 13, 1953.

Twenty-nine communions were made with a total attendance of 43. Warren Jackson was the Lay Vicar and the Ven. Roger Barney was the celebrant.

The Grange Hall [69 High Street] housed the church until the spring of 1959 when it moved to the Hobbs property at 200 High Street. The house was purchased in l957 and converted into a parish house with money from kind benefactors and the work of devoted parishioners.

A new addition was built onto the rear of the building for the chapel.

The service of dedication for the building was performed on Sunday, May 17, 1959, by Rt. Rev. Bishop Hall.

When the need for more Sunday school rooms became apparent, a basement foundation building was added and has been used ever since.

By 1968, the parish decided to construct a new hall out of the old chapel. Almost all the work on the new church was done by the parishioners under the direction of the Rev. Wilfred Files who has since retired and became Rector Emeritus.

An evening service celebrated the dedication of the new church, on March 5, 1972. The mortgage for the old building was burned during the service.

The current rector is Rev. Michael McCann who lives with his family at the rectory on 105 Mill Road.

Return to 75th Anniversary Table Of Contents