East End School House -- 1919-1920
Junction of Locke & Winnacunnet Road
Compiled by John M. Holman, Hampton History Volunteer
Lane Memorial Library, Hampton, N.H.
"The East End School House was also built in 1873, a wooden building, 46 feet by 32 feet, with 12 feet high ceilings in the lower story and 10 feet ceilings in the upper story, and was built at a cost of $5,358.70. A marker indicates the spot where it once stood at the junction of Locke Road and Winnacunnet Road. Prior to its being demolished in July of 1940 after being auctioned off for $120, it had been a Tea Room, serving a blue plate dinner for $1.; English tea was served from 3 to 5 p.m.. A business card in the Tuck Museum shows that there was parking grounds and dance hall for guests. It was operated by Eva E. Mason, and was called "EAST END SCHOOL HOUSE LUNCH". It was not used for a school after 1922, when the Centre School opened its doors."
East End School -- 1919-1920
Grades 5th & 6th
Miss Jessie Daughenbaugh, Teacher
Photo courtesy Gertrude (Paulsen) Palmer Estate
Grades 5th & 6th,
Miss Jessie Daughenbaugh, Teacher.
[Photo courtesy Gertrude (Paulsen) Palmer Estate]
Junction Winnnacunnet and Locke Road.