The "Blakeville" School

Back to previous section

(Located between Ann's Lane and Watson's Lane)
(Presently the 2nd Story at 44-46 Dearborn Avenue)

The "Blakeville School"
The North School (or "North Primary" or "Blakeville School"), as it looked in 1921. Miss Etta Colby Blake taught here for 15 years. After it was closed in May 1922, when the new Centre School opened, it was moved to Dearborn Avenue, and is the second story at 44-46 Dearborn Avenue.
Miss Etta Blake, teacher; front row, l. to r.: 2nd from left, Lester Blake. Second row, l. to r.: 5th from left in dark sweater, Gertrude Blake (Sherburne); remainder unknown.
[Photos courtesy Jewell (Sherburne) Brown]
Back to previous section