History of Hampton Academy and High School
General History of the Academy
- Hampton Academy & Winnacunnet High School Alumni Association 65th Anniversary Historic Souvenir booklet
- A comprehensive history written in 1972 by Arthur Moody.
- Hampton Academy History
- A brief history of Hampton Academy written
in January 1930 by Caroline (Lamprey) Shea
- History of Hampton Academy
- A brief history written in 1938 by Bruce E. Russell.
- Hampton Academy and High School
- by Joseph Dow from his "History of Hampton"
- The Hampton Academy Alumni Association History
- By Priscilla Hoyt Triggs-Weeks, June 16, 2007
Information on Specific Graduating Classes
- Members of Graduation Classes
- Hampton Academy & High School, 1887 - 1958
- The class of 1900
- An article from the Hampton Union of June 18, 1959
- Hampton Academy Memories of Pauline Alice Garland
- September 8, 1914 to June 19, 1918
Miscellaneous Historical Information
- The Shaw and Moulton cases
- A Record of the Doings of the Trustees of the Hampton Proprietary School in the case of Simeon Brackett Shaw, Simon Moulton & Jacob Moulton, students at Hampton Proprietary School, December 13-19, 1815. Transcription of an original document.
- Academia, January 1899 (PDF)
- Student newsletter of the Hampton Academy
The Academy Bell
- Who Tolls For The Bells?
- Some history and photos of the Academy Bell
- The Hampton Union & Rockingham County Gazette, January 9, 1958
- Recalls Day When Bell Did Not Toll
- The Academy's former janitor reminisces about the Academy bell
and other local matters in this 1958 letter to the editor.
- For Whom The Bell Tolls
- Atlantic News, June 17, 2005
- HAJH Bell Rings Again
- Atlantic News, July 1, 2005
- Ring In The New School Year
- Atlantic News, August 25, 2006
- Academy No Longer a 'Middle school'
- Hampton Union, August 12, 2011
- A Gift From The Class of 1949
- 21 Voices / The Recreation Guide, November 1999
Teachers and Staff
- Town Honors Former Hampton Academy Coach
- Atlantic News, July 4, 2002
- Athletic Fields Dedicated to John G. Peterson 32 Years After His Retirement
- Sunday Herald, June 30, 2002
- Peterson Field Photographs
- Hampton Academy Junior High School. Courtesy photos by Harold E. Fernald, Jr., June 29, 2002
- Obituary of John G. Peterson
- June 12, 1908 -- December 15, 1988
- Petersons' Feted, Acclaimed During Double Testimonial
- Hampton Union, June 10, 1970
- The 1940 Hampton Academy & High School Football Team
- Atlantic News, May 8, 1990
- The 1941 Hampton Academy & High School Football Team
- Identification by Wayne Elliot, Dick Chevalier, Earl Blatchford & Norm Merrill.
- Photo courtesy Arthur Moody
- The 1946 Hampton Academy & High School Football Team
- Coached by John G. Peterson
- [Photo courtesy Lois (Allen) Page]
- The 1952 Hampton Academy & High Shool Football Team
- Coached by John G. Peterson
- [Photo courtesy Clayton Bragg; Photo captions courtesy Loring G. Mills.]
- This Week in Sports
- Four part column by Wayne I. Elliot in the Hampton Union in 1964
detailing the history of some of the Academy's old sports trophies.
Hampton Academy website