Oral History of Hampton and Hampton Beach
- We want to offer on our website collections of oral histories about Hampton and Hampton Beach. But we need your help! If you have stories or recollections of the town or beach from many years ago, please write or send an email to webmaster(at)hampton.lib.nh.us and let us know. There are a lot of people in town with great stories about Hampton of the past. If these stories aren't saved somehow, they will eventually be lost.
We'll post these stories up on our website soon after we receive them. Give us a little biographical information about yourself in the process, or, if you'd like to remain anonymous, we can do that too.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Reminiscences by Enoch P. Young
- Stories of life in Hampton in the mid-1800s, written around the turn of the century.
- Old Hampton Tales of Sea and Shore
- Reminiscences by Thomas Leavitt of life in Hampton in the mid-1800s.
- Little Stories of Old New England
- Stories of the olden days by William Dow Cram and William Everett Cram.
- Elmer King recalls "awful arguments" at old-time Hampton Town Meetings
- A 1975 Hampton Union article recalling Hampton government and police at the beginning of the 20th century.
- The Night Hampton Depot Was Bombarded
- Humorous tale of youthful hijinx by Dave Colt.