Old Home Day
1638 - Town of Hampton - 1960
24 Locke Road
John Knowles, mariner, married Jemima Asten of Hampton and in 1666 he purchased a "dwelling house and house lot containing ten acres together with 6 acres of marsh," from Giles Fifield.
The homestead was wholly or in part, in possession of his descendents for seven generations. John Knowles was blind for the last ten years of his life. His great, great grandson, Deacon Jesse Knowles also lived on the homestead. After being blind for 8 years, he suddenly recovered his sight.
The old Dutch Oven in this house is in especially fine condition. This beautiful house is now (1960) the home of Dr. and Mrs. Peter A. Meneghin.