Joseph Dow's History of Hampton: The Story of the Mills
The Earliest Mill
This seems to have been the first mill built in the town. It remained in possession of Goodman Knight several years; but in February, 1646, he conveyed it by deed to Christopher Lawson, of Boston, together with his dwelling-house at the Landing, with several tracts of land lying near, and others more remote -- containing in all some more than one hundred acres; and all the privileges and appurtenances thereto belonging.
This mill was on the south side of the road, opposite the Benjamin Perkins place.