INDEX TO HAMPTON, NH CEMETERY RECORDS
SEARCH THE GRAVESTONES
NOTES ON THE INDEX
l. First and last names have been standardized in many instances where the gravestone has an odd spelling. Dow's "History of Hampton" has been used as a guide to standard spellings.
2. Titles such as Capt., Dr., Esq., etc. have been omitted.
3. Dates of death have been added for ease of use. Where the entry refers to someone other than the deceased, their relationship to the deceased is included along with the date on the gravestone.
4. If a stone gives just an individual's initials I have indexed it under the full name if I could determine who they were using Dow's "History of Hampton." Thus a gravestone reading "A. Emery" is indexed under "Emery, A(lvin)".
5. When a woman's maiden name is given they will be indexed under both their maiden name and their married name. For example, "Smith, Mary" and "Batchelder, Mary (Smith)". Women whose maiden names are unknown are listed only under their married names.
6. "Double dates" such as 1721/22 are treated as the second year, which in this example would be 1722.
Please report any errors by sending an email to webmaster(at)hampton.lib.nh.us