Old Home Day
1638 - Town of Hampton - 1960
404 Winnacunnet Road
The home of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur C. Johnson at 404 Winnacunnet Road (in 1960), was built for his great grandfather, Captain David Perkins in 1825.
Captain Perkins was owner of a coasting schooner which carried freight from port to port up and down the coast. His vessel the "Virginia" was lost, with all hands, in the Bay of Fundy in October 1851.
The house has been changed very little since it was built. Two small additions have been made and of cource in recent years modern improvements were made in the kitchen and bathroom.
The furnishings of the house are principally Victorian.