The Lane Memorial Library will be open for browsing:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am-2pm.
Tuesday, Thursday 2pm-6pm.
Lane Memorial Library will be open for Park n Pickup:
Monday through Friday from 10am-6pm.
Updated Health and Safety Rules for Visiting Lane Memorial Library
- We ask that all visitors to the library enter through the door located on Winnacunnet Road.
- All visitors will be asked to exit through the doors on Academy Ave.
- Please continue to use our outside book drop for all returned items. We cannot accept returns inside the library.
- All visitors (above the age of two) must wear a mask to enter the library and will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry.
- We ask that you stay home if you have been feeling unwell, have any symptoms of Covid-19, or have recently traveled.
- If you cannot or will not wear a mask, we will be happy to assist you through our Park N’ Pickup program.
- Twenty-four (24) visitors will be allowed into the library at a time. (You will be asked to wait outside until there is space to admit you.)
- Only eight (8) visitors are allowed in the Children’s Room at a time.
- We recommend that children in the 8th grade and below be accompanied by an adult guardian at all times within the library. This recommendation will, necessarily, impact after school hours. Please make other safe arrangements where your children can wait after school.
- Please limit your time in the library. Use our online catalog to come prepared with what you wish to checkout.
- Please follow arrows and directional indicators in the library.
- Items touched while browsing should be returned to the book carts at the end of aisles for sanitization.
- Please continue to utilize Park N’ Pickup in the library vestibule. All holds will be located on the Park N’ Pickup shelves. Do not enter the library to retrieve items that you have put on hold.
- Please note that we are not accepting book or media donations at this time.
Services Available During Limited Reopening
- We will be open for browsing and borrowing from our collection, as well as photocopying, scanning, and faxing services.
- We will have 1 unisex public bathroom available for emergencies.
- We cannot offer newspapers, workspace, computer access, in-library reading, meeting space, toys, crafts, or any in-person programming at this time.
- Our movies, music, magazines, and genealogy collections are only available with librarian assistance.
- In-person Reference Services are suspended. Please contact us via phone: 603-926-3368 or email: email@example.com with reference questions.
We are grateful to you for your effort to uphold these guidelines and keep our community healthy. Your health and the health of our staff is our number one priority during these times. We have several staff members designated to monitor safe behavior throughout our service hours.
How to Contact the Library Staff
Have a question?
Call the Library at 603-926-3368 and leave a message. Your call will be returned as soon as possible (Monday-Friday).
Remotely Accessible Library Resources
The following resources can be accessed online directly from your desktop, tablet or cell phone.
Connect with the Library on Social Media
Local Information COVID Newsletters
An archive of our COVID-19 Local Information Newsletters
I’d like to get some books or other library material.
The library is currently open with limited hours and we are also offering a Park n Pick-up service.
Can I return my books?
The library book drop is open. Please return all items outside. Do not leave items in the library foyer or on the front steps.
My books are due.
Please contact the library about renewing your items.
Can I order a new item?
Yes, please contact us with titles or names of items, and we will fill out a request card.
Can I order something from another library?
Yes, we are currently requesting items through InterLibrary Loan.
I need to print something out.
Our copy/fax machine is available during browsing hours. You can also email us any documents for printing and we will place them in the Park n Pickup location.
I need to print something out and I don’t have a computer/internet access.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer computer services at this time.
I need to make a photocopy.
Our copy/fax machine is available for printing.
I need a place to sit and work on something.
The library is not offering work or study space at this time.
I have a question.
The library is happy to help answer questions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the library wifi?
Yes, wifi is sometimes accessible from the library parking lot. However, patrons should still follow best practices of social distancing.
But what about:
Taking Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS)
My particular club that I enjoy at the library
All gathering are suspended at the library. Most chose to stop meeting before the library closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience and the loss of social time. We look forward to the day when the Hampton community can gather in the library again.